Hatio Sea understand the importance of privacy. Your choice with regard to your personal information is important to us and we will use and maintain information only in ways you have allowed. Therefore, we do not trade, sell or lease personal information entrusted to us.
This privacy Statement was created specifically with you in mind. It describes the information we collect when you are using our service, how that information is used and protected, and the choices you can make about how we use and share your information.
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. We cooperate with country data protection authorities if they believe that a privacy problem has occurred.
Information We Collect
“Personal Data” means information about you, from which you are identifiable, including but not limited to your name, identification card number, passport number, nationality, address, telephone number, fax number, race, gender, date of birth, resident status, email address, your occupation, your designation in your company, your company detail, the industry in which you work in, any information about you which you have provided to Hatio.my in registration forms, application forms or any other similar forms and/or any information about you that you may choose to voluntary share with Hatio Sea that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by Hatio Sea from time to time and includes sensitive personal data such as data relating to health, religious or other similar beliefs.
In addition to the Personal Data you provide to Hatio Sea directly, Hatio Sea may collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources such as:
- Fill up application or registration forms or other similar forms;
- From publicly available sources such as directories,
- From credit reporting agencies;
- When you interact and communicate with Hatio Sea at any events or activities;
- By using Hatio Sea websites, which includes all websites operated by Hatio Sea (“Websites”). Your personal data may also be collected from cookies used on the Websites.
Why We Collect Information
With you in mind, Hatio Sea collects, uses and processed personal information for business activities which include, without limitation the following (“Purpose”):
- to perform Hatio Sea’ obligations in respect of any contract entered into with you;
- to provide you with any service you have requested;
- to provide you with a more user-friendly experience and to enhance the service and information we provide to you;
- to create and manage your account(s);
- to process your subscriptions and to deliver the services to you;
- where you have requested to use the Hatio Sea’ Software As A Service (SAAS) (“Service”), to process your request, to deliver the Service to you and to provide you a license for the use of the Service;
- to process your participation in any events, activities, training groups, promotions, surveys or any productions;
- to provide you with information about other services that we have arranged through third parties for your convenience;
- to provide services to help you better serve your customers;
- to process, manage or verify your application for subscription with the Hatio Sea and to provide you the benefits offered to subscribers;
- to validate your subscription and process payments relating to any products or services you have requested;
- to develop, enhance and provide products and services to meet your needs;
- to respond to questions, comments and feedback from you;
- to communicate with you for any of the purposes listed in this Privacy Notice;
- for internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, database records;
- for purposes of detection, prevention and prosecution of crime;
- for Hatio Sea to comply with its obligations under law;
and you agree and consent to Hatio Sea using and processing your Personal Data for the Purposes and in the manner as identified in this Notice.
Sharing of Information
Hatio Sea may also use and process your data for other purposes such as (“Additional Purposes”):
- To send you alerts, newsletters, updates, mailers, promotional materials, special privileges, festive greetings from Hatio Sea, its partners, sponsors or advertisers;
- To process your registration to participate in or attend an event or activity and to communicate with you regarding your attendance at the event or activity;
- To share your Personal Data amongst its subsidiaries, associate companies, investors and jointly controlled entities as well as with its agent, vendor, supplier, partner, contractor or service provider who may communicate with you to market their products, services, events or promotions.
by way of post, telephone call, short message service (SMS), by hand and/or by email.
Unsubscribe and Revocation of Consent
If you wish to unsubscribe to the processing of your Personal Data for Additional Purposes by Hatio Sea, please click on the link “Unsubscribe” which is embedded in the relevant email in order not to receive any email in the future.
If you wish to revoke the consent that Hatio Sea has obtained from you for the Purposes stipulated herein, please notify Hatio Sea using the contact details stated below.
Transfer of Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than your home nation or otherwise in the country, state and city in which you are present while using any services provided by Hatio Sea (“Alternate Country”), to companies under Hatio Sea which are located outside of your home nation or Alternate Country and/or where Hatio Sea’ servers are located outside of your home nation or Alternate Country. You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data out of your home nation or Alternate Country as described herein.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Your personal data may be transferred, accessed or disclosed to third parties for the Purposes and Additional Purposes. Further, Hatio Sea may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on its behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose to your Personal Data to such service providers or third parties. The third parties include, without limitation:
- Hatio Sea partners, which include parties with whom Hatio Sea collaborates with for certain events, programs and activities;
- Event management companies and event sponsors;
Marketing research companies;
- Service providers, including, information technology (IT) service providers for infrastructure, software and development work;
- Professional advisors and external auditors, including legal advisors, financial advisors and consultants;
- Other entities within Hatio Sea; and
- Governmental authorities to comply with statutory, regulatory and governmental requirements.
Your Personal Data may also be shared in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale of a subsidiary or a division, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of winding-up.
Personal Data held by Hatio Sea will be kept confidentially in accordance with any applicable law. All reasonable efforts and practical steps are made to ensure that any Personal Data held by Hatio Sea is kept and is protected against any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorised or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws of your home nation or Alternate Country, you may request for access to and/or request correction of your Personal Data, request to limit the processing of your Personal Data for the Additional Purposes and/or make any inquiries regarding your Personal Data by contacting:
38-1 Jalan Setia Utama AU U13/AU
40170 Shah Alam
Subject to any laws of your home nation or Alternate Country, Hatio Sea reserves the right to impose a fee for access of your Personal Data in the amounts as permitted therein.
In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, Hatio Sea has the right to refuse the your requests to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under law, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your or another person’s privacy.
If you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected via cookies on the Websites, you may deactivate cookies by adjusting your internet browser settings to disable, block or deactivate cookies, by deleting your browsing history and clearing the cache from your internet browser.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Personal Information from Minors and Other Individuals
As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow the minor (individuals under 18 (eighteen) years of age) under your care to submit Personal Data to Hatio Sea. In the event that such Personal Data is provided to Hatio Sea, you hereby consent to the processing of the minor’s Personal Data and personally accept and agree to be bound by this Notice and take responsibility for his or her actions.
In some circumstances you may have provided personal data relating to other individuals (such as your spouse, family members or friends) and in such circumstances you represent and warrant that you are authorized to provide their personal data to Hatio Sea and you have obtained their consent for their personal data be processed and used in the manner as set forth in this Notice.
Acknowledgement and Consent
By communicating with Hatio Sea, using Hatio Sea’ services, purchasing products from Hatio Sea or by virtue of your engagement with Hatio Sea, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Notice and agree and consent to the use, processing and transfer of your Personal Data by Hatio Sea as described in this Notice.
Hatio Sea shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by placing the updated Notice on the Websites. By continuing to communicate with Hatio Sea, by continuing to use Hatio Sea’ services, purchasing products from Hatio Sea or by your continued engagement with Hatio Sea following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice, such actions shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail.